|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2013-07-24||
“What can you do when you have done nothing but mess up your whole life long?” These were the words I heard when I ___36___ the TV the other day. They were coming from one of the talk shows ___37___ are so popular on TV these days. I started to turn the channel but the words I had ___38___ made me stop for a moment. I ___39___ the speaker of them. He couldn’t have been more than 18 years old, but already he was writing off (认为……已失败) his life as a useless waste.
I wanted to shout at him: “You’re not ___40___ yet!”
It is ___41___ sad that so many people cannot get beyond (摆脱) their pasts and live ___42___ the present. There are so many people like that talk show guest. There are people still in their teen years ___43___ that their lives are over. There are people in their twenties who already think they have ___44___ the boat to success and happiness. There are people in their thirties and forties who sit around complaining that life has passed them by. I want to shout to them all:" Wake up! You’re still ___45___! What have you done today?" If you want a happy life, you can’t dwell on(细想、纠缠于) your past ___46___. If you want joy and love in your life, you have to choose them today. God gives us a new chance at life every time we wake up in the morning. It is up to us to seize it.
Today ___47___ be the beginning of a new life for each of us. We can choose joy right now. We can share love today. We can live in delight starting at this moment. It doesn’t matter how hard our past has been. Our present can be full of joy and our future can be full of ___48___. It doesn’t matter if we are eight ___49___ eighty—we can still make our lives ___50___. Life isn’t over until your last heartbeat. Start today, then, to make your heart beat with joy, love, and light.
36. A. turned down B. turned off C. turned on D. turned up
37. A. when B. that C. one D. what
38. A. heard B. found C. seen D. listened to
39. A. looked up B. looked after C. looked for D. looked at
40. A. death B. dead C. die D. died
41. A. so B. so a C. such D. such a
42. A. at B. with C. in D. to
43. A. think B. thinking C. thinks D. to think
44. A. taken B. caught C. missed D. lost
45. A. alive B. living C. lively D. lovely
46. A. mistake B. mistakes C. wrong D. ideas
47. A. must B. mustn’t C. can’t D. can
48. A. pain B. happiness C. sadness D. challenge
49. A. and B. to C. or D. between
50. A. wonder B. wondering C. wondered D. wonderful
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||